Winter Conference: What Difference Does a Theory Make? Secure Attachment and Differentiation of Self, Part II
Conference Presenter: Lorna Hecht, MA, LMFT
Course content and objectives:
This conference is for:
- LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs or other mental health professionals who want to expand their understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of secure attachment and differentiation of self and the ways in which the two concepts fundamentally differ, sending therapy in very different directions.
- Individuals who are using therapy to bring about changes in their own life and family and have an interest in understanding the thinking driving their therapy.
What Will I Learn? (Educational Goals)
After attending this program, participants will have a deeper understanding and increased clinical competence in:
- Concepts and history of Attachment Theory and Bowen Theory.
- Theoretical strengths and critiques of Bowen theory and Attachment theory and the cornerstone concepts of secure attachment and differentiation of self.
- Theoretical and practical considerations for therapy aimed at raising differentiation of self.
- Participants will be able to identify four differences in concepts of Attachment theory and Bowen theory.
- Participants will be able to name two critiques each of Bowen theory and Attachment theory.
- Participants will be able to state three theoretical differences between secure attachment and differentiation of self.
- Participants will be able to list two considerations for therapy aimed at raising differentiation of self.
Date: February 29, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. (30 minute break will not be counted toward CE time awarded.)
Location: Rio Vista Building, Suite 100 (Conference Room) 8885 Rio San Diego, San Diego, CA 92108
Certificates of Completion
Course completion certificates will be awarded at the end of the course in exchange for a completed evaluation form. This course meets the qualifications for three hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Fee - $10.00 to be paid at registration.
Refund / Cancellation Policy:
Full refund less credit card fees will be applied through Friday, February 21, 2020. After that, contact Lorna directly.
To obtain the grievance policy or report a grievance, please email Lorna Hecht-Zablow, LMFT at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 838-4551.
Lorna Hecht MFT is Approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to Sponsor Continuing Education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. Lorna Hecht, LMFT maintains responsibility for the program and all it’s content.
8885 Rio San Diego Drive, Ste. 106 San Diego, CA 92108
Provider: Lorna Hecht, LMFT, MFC35604, CEPA #035339.
Clinical member AAMFT and CAMFT.